Recipe by hels
A bakery back home used to make mini pizzas on half a roll. This is my version for when I want a tastier lunch than plain old cheese-on-toast Dried herbs = mixed herbs = sage, thyme, marjoram, oregano and parsley
- 2 slices bread (crusts are good) or 1 roll, halved
- 1 tablespoon double concentrate tomato puree or 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- cheese, enough to cover the bread
- mixed herbs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill one side of the bread (crust side) until it's whatever colour you like toast to be.
- Very lightly grill the other side, toast should be slghtly firm, but not yet browned.
- Spread the tomato puree over the lightly toasted side.
- Add the toppings- cheese last.
- Sprinkle a pinch of mixed herbs over each slice.
- Place under the grill again and grill until the cheese is bubbling.