Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
A bakery back home used to make mini pizzas on half a roll. This is my version for when I want a tastier lunch than plain old cheese-on-toast Dried herbs = mixed herbs = sage, thyme, marjoram, oregano and parsley
- 2 slices bread (crusts are good) or 1 roll, halved
- 1 tablespoon double concentrate tomato puree or 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- cheese, enough to cover the bread
- mixed herbs (optional)
- Grill one side of the bread (crust side) until it's whatever colour you like toast to be.
- Very lightly grill the other side, toast should be slghtly firm, but not yet browned.
- Spread the tomato puree over the lightly toasted side.
- Add the toppings- cheese last.
- Sprinkle a pinch of mixed herbs over each slice.
- Place under the grill again and grill until the cheese is bubbling.
I used Texas toast, and used tomato sauce that I flavored with pizza herbed seasoning. Topped with bacon bits and diced ham, My family truly enjoyed this. Thank You!
What a treat this was - I used a crispy English muffin, Leerdammer cheese and Salsa. I didn't have any ham. I would love this with home made bacon bits. Thanks "hels" for posting a brunch/lunch, anytime treat
This works terrific with leftover spaghetti sauce too. An easy and quick snack.