1/1 Photo of Interesting cheese-on-toast (Pizza toast)
A bakery back home used to make mini pizzas on half a roll. This is my version for when I want a tastier lunch than plain old cheese-on-toast Dried herbs = mixed herbs = sage, thyme, marjoram, oregano and parsley
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grill one side of the bread (crust side) until it's whatever colour you like toast to be.
- 2Very lightly grill the other side, toast should be slghtly firm, but not yet browned.
- 3Spread the tomato puree over the lightly toasted side.
- 4Add the toppings- cheese last.
- 5Sprinkle a pinch of mixed herbs over each slice.
- 6Place under the grill again and grill until the cheese is bubbling.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Interesting cheese-on-toast (Pizza toast)
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.9
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 344.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g