Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A rich brownie that is mixed in a sauce pan on the stove. Easy, dense and SOOOOOO good!!
Make and share this Intensely Chocolate Cocoa Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in sauce pan. When melted remove from heat. Add cocoa and stir well. Add sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix until shiny and smooth. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Add choc chips or walnuts if desired.
- Pour into an 8 inch or 9 inch pan. Bake for 15-20 miutes. Do not over bake. Look for edges slightly pulling away from pan. Cool and cut. Enjoy!
Very good brownies...thanks for the recipe! Topped it with a glaze while still warm from the oven.
Loved these! I actually baked them on top of a peanut butter cookie dough. It took about 25 minutes to cook but oh so very good!
I joined just to write and say how good this recipe is. The brownies are crisp on top and gooey in the center. I made the recipe exactly, just no chips, At 15 minutes, they were runny, and at 20 still needed a few more, so I cooked them for 22 minutes total. They are cakey but still nice and gooey in the center. Thanks so much for the recipe, I'll make them again.