This recipe comes from Fine Cooking
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, plus enough softened unsalted butter to grease the pan
- 3 ounces unbleached all-purpose flour, plus enough to line the pan
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large room temperature eggs (this seriously makes a difference)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 ounces unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1Position rack in center of oven and heat to 350°F.
- 2Butter and flour a 9" square pan, tapping out excess flour. [I decided to use cocoa powder instead of flour.].
- 3Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 4Remove pan from heat - whisk or stir in sugar, followed by all four eggs and vanilla.
- 5Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Go slowly to keep the ingredients from flying out of the pan. Stir until smooth and uniform.
- 6Spread batter into prepared baking pan, smoothing so it fills the pan evenly.
- 7Bake until a toothpick or skewer comes out clean (there will be a few clumps clinging to it) — this will take about 40 minutes.
- 8Let brownies cool completely in the pan on a rack.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Intense Fudgy Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (991 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.8
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 104.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g