Recipe by Marz
Based from Intense chocolate cookies from Nigella Express, and posted on acatinthekitchen.com this recipe looks very good!
- 125 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 150 g flour
- 30 g cocoa, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 125 g salted butter, softened
- 60 g light brown sugar
- 60 g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped out
- 1 egg, cold from the fridge
- 200 g dark chocolate, and
- white chocolate, cut in chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Melt 125 gram of dark chocolate in the microwave.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In the bowl of your mixer, cream butter and brown and white sugar until light and fluffy. Change to slow speed and add the melted chocolate. At the same speed, add the vanilla seeds and the egg. Let it blend in well. Remove the bowl from the machine and by hand mix in the flour mixture. Finally add the chocolate.
- Scoop out 12 balls of the cookie dough and divide them between two baking sheets covered with baking sheet paper, without flattening the cookies.
- Let the cookies bake for 18 minutes. A skewer should come out semi-clean and not wet with batter. Leave the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool.