Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this but it sounds good. The original recipe was called 'Herbed Ketchup' but I've always thought of ketchup as being tomato-based. They suggested serving this with polenta fries, but I'm sure there's a lot of things this would go well with. The fat content is high, but it's a healthy fat (I recommend always using cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil).
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves, packed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, packed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, packed
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Combine all ingredients in a small food processor.
- Cover and process until almost smooth, scraping sides as needed.
- Cover and chill.
- Use within 2 days.
simular to the south ammerican sausce, I serve it with My Aussie BBQ Lamb.
I took advantage of my bosses' herb garden to make this. Used my hand-held blender, and it came together very quickly. It was even better after chilling overnight! I used this with grilled chicken- YUM!
Very tasty! I used it to top broiled Mahi Mahi. Gave a nice zing to the fish! Would go well with grilled chicken breasts also!