Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
From Cooking Light Magazine. This sounds so delicious!!! Prep time does not include freezing time for ice cream.
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua (coffee-flavored liquor)
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso granules (or 4 tsp. instant coffee granules)
- 4 cups low-fat vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 teaspoons coffee beans, ground
- Place a large bowl in freezer for 10 minutes. Combine liqueur and espresso in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at high 30 seconds. Stir until granules dissolve. Combine liqueur mixture, ice cream, and ground coffee in chilled bowl. Cover and freeze at least 3 hours or until firm.
This was super delicious, and so easy to prepare. Mine was frozen enough to enjoy after only about 2 hours, so it was quicker than I anticipated. I want to make another batch and use these to make different varieties of breakfast smoothies. Thanks for the recipe, Nancy's Pantry. Loved it!
This is fantastic! I had to make the ice cream from scratch in order to have as little sugar in it as possible. I started by adding the espresso to 1 cup of 2% milk to dissolve it, added in the Kahlua and about 1.5 tsp of vanilla. Next I added about 2 cups of heavy cream and 1 cup Splenda and mixed everything well. Put it in the freezer for 40 mins, stirring from time to time. Then into the ice cream maker. The 2 tsps of ground coffee was folded in when it came out of the machine. At first I thought that 1/4 cup of Kahlua was going to overtake the coffee but it adjusted very nicely during the ripening time. Kudos Nan, you can bet that this will be appearing in my house again! :D