Recipe by ND
This is super easy and super tasty recipe. Chaat masala in this recipe gives it a kick at the background and make it nice n khatta (sour). I usually make it on Sundays with puris. My DH loves it
Top Review by Yellowzuchini Zuchini
Really Yummy and super easy chole. I made it for lunch yesterday and the whole family loved it. It is so DELICIOUS and easy. THANkYOU SO MUCH for the recipe. I will be making it all the time, Good recipe Neeru
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (drained)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chat masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon amchur powder (mango powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 -3 green chilies (optional)
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet,when heated add cumin seeds, green chilies and then add onions, saute until they turn golden brown Add garam masala, chaat masala, red chili powder and amchur powder.
- Saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add canned chick peas, keep on cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp water, cover it and let it cook for 10 minutes on low-medium heat Uncover after 10 minutes,and add diced red onions and tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes Enjoy with puris/rotis or parathas.