Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe from Taste of Home magazine.
- 3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups artificial sweetener
- 1 cup unsweetened instant tea
- 3⁄4 cup sugar-free french vanilla powdered coffee creamer
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cloves
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients; cover and process til powdery. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare 1 serving, dissolve 3 Tablespoons of mix in 3/4 cup boiling water. Dollop with whipped cream if desired.
- Alternately to use less, brew a Chai Tea bag and add 1+Tablespoons of mix.
- Comments: I no longer use powdered coffee cream, so I substituted powdered coconut milk and some vanilla powder.
Wow! This is amazing! I used several recipes from another website and it wasn't up to par. I use the chai tea in the Keurig but it got too expensive. This recipe is almost exactly the same. This will be my new "homemade" recipe. I used Spenda for the sugar substitute and measured everything exactly. I also used a fine blender to really get it to fine powder. Make sure it is finely mixed or the spices will sink to the bottom. (learned this from trying another website's recipe.) Thank you tedwards867! I will be sending this recipe to all my Chai Tea Latte lovers at work!
This is sooo good tried it tonight. You must make this and try it. The cardamom spice is quite expensive but it only takes a little bit so it will go a long way. I used to get sugar free Trader Joe's Chai mix then they stopped making it and this is even better!!!!
I tried it on my daughter and son-in-law and grandkids and they all loved it.