Recipe by tedwards867
A recipe from Taste of Home magazine.
Top Review by mmmomma2003
Wow! This is amazing! I used several recipes from another website and it wasn't up to par. I use the chai tea in the Keurig but it got too expensive. This recipe is almost exactly the same. This will be my new "homemade" recipe. I used Spenda for the sugar substitute and measured everything exactly. I also used a fine blender to really get it to fine powder. Make sure it is finely mixed or the spices will sink to the bottom. (learned this from trying another website's recipe.) Thank you tedwards867! I will be sending this recipe to all my Chai Tea Latte lovers at work!
- 3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups artificial sweetener
- 1 cup unsweetened instant tea
- 3⁄4 cup sugar-free french vanilla powdered coffee creamer
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients; cover and process til powdery. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare 1 serving, dissolve 3 Tablespoons of mix in 3/4 cup boiling water. Dollop with whipped cream if desired.
- Alternately to use less, brew a Chai Tea bag and add 1+Tablespoons of mix.
- Comments: I no longer use powdered coffee cream, so I substituted powdered coconut milk and some vanilla powder.