- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cooked bacon, pieces
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine spinach, 1/4 cup of water and 1 tsp salt. Cook, covered 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well.
- In a saucepan combine 1 1/3 cups water with milk and margarine with 1/2 tsp salt.
- Bring to boiling and remove from heat. Stir in potato flakes. Stir together cooked spinach, potato mixture and bacon pieces.
- Turn mixture into a 1 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place under broiler for 1-2 minutes or till cheese melts.