Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
My recipe for a versatile instant beverage mix flavored with warming spices. May be served as a hot beverage, a cold or hot eggless nog, an eggless Tom & Jerry cocktail, a flavoring for hot coffee or tea, or as a flavoring for homemade ice cream.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons powdered vanilla coffee creamer
- 2 tablespoons Butter Buds
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- MEASURE all ingredients into a medium resealable container: 1 cup granulated sugar, 6 tablespoons French vanilla flavored instant coffee creamer, 2 tablespoons Butter Buds, 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves; SEAL container; SHAKE well until thoroughly combined.
- TO MAKE A SINGLE-SERVING HOT BEVERAGE: Stir 2 level tablespoons beverage mix into a mug with 6 ounces hot water. Add 2 ounces cream. Stir and microwave to reheat if necessary. Top with whipped cream and garnish with a dusting of cinnamon or nutmeg. Serve and enjoy.
- TO MAKE A SINGLE-SERVING EGG-FREE NOG: Stir 2 level tablespoons beverage mix into a mug with 8 ounces cream or half and half. Stir and microwave to heat, if desired. Serve and enjoy.
- TO MAKE A SINGLE-SERVING EGG-FREE TOM & JERRY: Stir 2 level tablespoons beverage mix into a mug with 6 ounces hot water. Add 1 ounce cream. Add 1 fluid ounce brandy and 1/2 fluid ounce rum. Stir and microwave to heat. Serve and enjoy.
- TO FLAVOR COFFEE OR TEA: Add desired amount to hot coffee or tea. Stir. Serve and enjoy.
- TO FLAVOR HOMEMADE ICE CREAM: Add desired amount to sugarless cream batch for ice cream. Mix thoroughly. Add sugar to desired sweetness. Pour into ice cream maker. Prepare ice cream as usual. Serve and enjoy.