Prep 6 mins
Cook 10 mins
This pancake recipe has become one of our favorites, not only because of how great they taste, but also because we make the batter the night before and it's ready to go the next morning. The grandboy's love these pancakes topped with apple pie filling with a touch of cinnamon mixed in before warming in the microwave. Note: Prep time does not include overnight setting time.
- 1⁄2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 2 cups warm milk (heat slightly in microwave)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- The night before serving, place lukewarm water in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle on the yeast and stir until yeast is dissolved. Stir in the warm milk, melted butter, salt and sugar. Beat in the flour. Cover the bowl with a tea towel or plastic wrap and allow to sit out on the counter overnight.
- The next morning, beat in the eggs and baking soda.
- Preheat griddle and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Cook pancakes until lightly golden brown on both sides.
- Any leftover batter can be covered and stored in the fridge for three days.