Recipe by Mrs. Sherm
This recipe can be made quickly with instant rice or even quicker with rice leftovers. For extra flavor, we like to add a handful of coconut and a dash of cardamom. (Cook time does not include making the rice.)
- 2 cups white rice (cooked and cooled)
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cooked rice, milk, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer and stir in the vanilla.
- Cook until just about all of the milk is absorbed (30-45 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Serve warm or chilled.