Girl from India's Note:
This is a quick snack that my son loves (and so does my dad).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup wheat flour or 1 cup maize flour
- 1 cup semolina (rava)
- 1/2 cup curds
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 3 green chilies, deseeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 inch gingerroot, peeled and chopped fine
- 10 peppercorns (coarsely pounded - as it lends a very spicy flavour to the dosas) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 sprig curry leaf, chopped (Green)
- 1 pinch asafetida powder
- sugar (optional)
- 1Mix wheat/maize, rice, rava (suji), curd, baking soda and salt.
- 2Add water to it and make dough of pouring consistency.
- 3Heat oil in kadai and add the mustard seeds.
- 4After the mustard seeds splutter, add the cumin seeds, asafoetida, green chilles, ginger, pepper corns (optional) and curry leaves.
- 5Heat till the cumin seeds get golden.
- 6Add the seasoning to the batter.
- 7Leave it for 3-5 mins or even upto an hour.
- 8Important: Making a rava dosa is different from making a normal dosa.
- 9The consistency of the dough has to be more watery.
- 10You need to pour the batter all over the fry pan starting from the outer circle and fill it towards the center.
- 11Swirl the pab around so that there are no gaps in the dosa and the batter spreads fine all round.
- 12As it cooks tiny holes (like dots) will appear on the dosa.
- 13(3 to 5 mins) Cover the fry pan after spreading the batter.
- 14Turn to cook the other side if needed (I do so as we like the dosas crisp) (for a minute or so uncovered) Accompaniments: sambar, chutney, or a potato vegetable.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Instant Rava Dosa (Semolina Pancakes)
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.4
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 35.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: