Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a quick snack that my son loves (and so does my dad).
Make and share this Instant Rava Dosa (Semolina Pancakes) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup wheat flour or 1 cup maize flour
- 1 cup semolina (rava)
- 1⁄2 cup curds
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 3 green chilies, deseeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot, peeled and chopped fine
- 10 peppercorns (coarsely pounded - as it lends a very spicy flavour to the dosas) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 sprig curry leaf, chopped (Green)
- 1 pinch asafetida powder
- sugar (optional)
- Mix wheat/maize, rice, rava (suji), curd, baking soda and salt.
- Add water to it and make dough of pouring consistency.
- Heat oil in kadai and add the mustard seeds.
- After the mustard seeds splutter, add the cumin seeds, asafoetida, green chilles, ginger, pepper corns (optional) and curry leaves.
- Heat till the cumin seeds get golden.
- Add the seasoning to the batter.
- Leave it for 3-5 mins or even upto an hour.
- Important: Making a rava dosa is different from making a normal dosa.
- The consistency of the dough has to be more watery.
- You need to pour the batter all over the fry pan starting from the outer circle and fill it towards the center.
- Swirl the pab around so that there are no gaps in the dosa and the batter spreads fine all round.
- As it cooks tiny holes (like dots) will appear on the dosa.
- (3 to 5 mins) Cover the fry pan after spreading the batter.
- Turn to cook the other side if needed (I do so as we like the dosas crisp) (for a minute or so uncovered) Accompaniments: sambar, chutney, or a potato vegetable.