Mark Kovach's Note:
My new 1 1/2 quart ice cream freezer is getting a work out!! Came up with this idea after wondering if it would work, and it did, wonderfully. I used butterscotch pudding but I imagine any flavor would work. Note that this doesn't use extra sugar. The pudding should be enough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant pudding mix
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1separate eggs and use whites for something else (like breakfast).
- 2beat yolks and 2 cups milk until well combined.
- 3heat mixture over low to medium heat to near boiling. It should coat a spoon dipped into it when ready.
- 4cool for 15 or more minutes then add the rest of the milk.
- 5refrigerate for at least two hours.
- 6add pudding mix and stir for 30 seconds to remove major lumps (don't worry about small lumps, they will disappear during freezing process.).
- 7add to ice cream freezer and process according to your machines directions.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Instant Pudding Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.7
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 83.0 mg
- Sodium 204.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 4.8 g