Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My new 1 1/2 quart ice cream freezer is getting a work out!! Came up with this idea after wondering if it would work, and it did, wonderfully. I used butterscotch pudding but I imagine any flavor would work. Note that this doesn't use extra sugar. The pudding should be enough.
- separate eggs and use whites for something else (like breakfast).
- beat yolks and 2 cups milk until well combined.
- heat mixture over low to medium heat to near boiling. It should coat a spoon dipped into it when ready.
- cool for 15 or more minutes then add the rest of the milk.
- refrigerate for at least two hours.
- add pudding mix and stir for 30 seconds to remove major lumps (don't worry about small lumps, they will disappear during freezing process.).
- add to ice cream freezer and process according to your machines directions.