Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
had this recipe since the 1970's...
- 175 g butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) packet instant pudding mix (any flavour)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar, add egg and instant pudding.
- Beat well, add sifted flour and baking powder.
- Roll into small balls, flatten with fork on a cold greased tray.
- Bake 180°C degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- You may add sultanas, cherries or nuts if wished.
- Ice if desired.
These cookies are sooo easy, and they taste AWESOME!! I used French Vanilla instant pudding. This recipe made exactly 40 cookies. I sprinkled mine with a bit of colored sugar when they were done, just to add some color. The next time I make these, I am going to try pistachio pudding mix and add some chopped maraschino cherries. Yummy! Thanks for the recipe:) ~Manda
I was looking for a fast and easy cookie recipe to make that I had all the ingredients already in the pantry. This was perfect. I used vanilla pudding and sprinkled the cookies with colored sprinkles. My kids gobbled them right up!
Long story short: I brought a batch of them in to work and they were gone before I came back 2 hrs later! Delicious! I did reduce the sugar by 1/2 and added 1 cup of sweetened coconut and a pinch of salt. They turned out not too sweet but full of flavour, thanx for the recipe!