1/2 Photos of Instant Potato Salad
4 hrs 45 mins
Gwanny Hill's Note:
This is one of the easiest and quickest potato salads you can make. Try it once as posted and next time add or substract items that you think would improve the dish. Do not add too much water to the mixture--add only enough to moisten the potatoes. I can almost guarantee that anyone eating this salad will not know it was made from instant potato flakes. NOTE: Do not use potato buds in recipe--they change the texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups instant potato flakes
- hot water
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dill pickle cubes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 6 eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 -6 stalks chopped celery (I sometimes add 1 can chopped water chestnuts in place of celery, for the crunch) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped olive
- 1In a large bowl, mix potato flakes, mustard, salt, pickles and celery salt.
- 2Add enough hot water to mixture--about two cups--to mix the ingredients.
- 3Mixture should be fairly stiff.
- 4Cover and let stand about five minutes.
- 5Add eggs, garlic powder, celery (if using), dill weed, onion, mayonnaise and chopped olives.
- 6Mix well and chill three or more hours.
- 7Keep unused portion in refrigerator; will stay fresh up to a week if covered and chilled.
- 8NOTE: Cooking time refers primarily to chilling time.
Browse Our Top Time To Make Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Time To Make Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Instant Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.6
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 123.8 mg
- Sodium 689.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dill pickle cubes