Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe can be used for rolls baked in muffin pans or made into crescent rolls.
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 cup cold mashed potatoes
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 beaten eggs
- 7 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- Make 1 cup instant mashed potatoes and put in freezer to make cold.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons yeast in 1/2 cup warm water: set aside.
- Mix these ingredients: 2 cups scalded milk, 1/2 cup shortening, 3 beaten eggs, 2 tsp salt, 2/3 cup sugar, 4 cups flour, 1 cup cold mashed potatoes from freezer.
- Add yeast and remaining flour, knead.
- Let rise in greased bowl.
- Shape into crescent rolls by rolling out and cutting in pizza like pieces or fill muffin tins halfway full.
- Let rise in shape of roll about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes (can brush with butter).