Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe can be used for rolls baked in muffin pans or made into crescent rolls.
Make and share this Instant Potato Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 cup cold mashed potatoes
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 beaten eggs
- 7 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- Make 1 cup instant mashed potatoes and put in freezer to make cold.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons yeast in 1/2 cup warm water: set aside.
- Mix these ingredients: 2 cups scalded milk, 1/2 cup shortening, 3 beaten eggs, 2 tsp salt, 2/3 cup sugar, 4 cups flour, 1 cup cold mashed potatoes from freezer.
- Add yeast and remaining flour, knead.
- Let rise in greased bowl.
- Shape into crescent rolls by rolling out and cutting in pizza like pieces or fill muffin tins halfway full.
- Let rise in shape of roll about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes (can brush with butter).