Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are potato pancakes Lefse; the easy way.They are from Scandanavia.
- 4 cups potato flakes
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 teaspoons salt
Next day combine 2 cups potato mixture with
- 1 cup flour
- Place dry ingredients into 3 quart bowl.
- In a saucepan, bring to boil water, milk, Half & Half, and margarine.
- Stir liquid into bowl of potato mixture until smooth.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Lefse dough:.
- Work together with hands until flour has been absorbed. If sticky, add more flour. Place about 1 cup of dough on floured board and roll as thin as possible.
- Cut with 4-inch cookie cutter or 1 pound coffee can.
- Bake on hot griddle until light brown blisters appear; turn to complete baking. (Electric skillet or pancake griddle set at 400 degrees F.).
- Repeat process until all of potato mixture is used. Yield: 100 (3-inch) pieces.