Recipe by NotQuiteVegetarian
This recipe is based on an idea from "Cooking for Couples", an Australian Women's Weekly cookbook that was published in 1982. You can substitute any filling you like for the salami and parmesan cheese - sundried tomato strips, camembert, brie, mushrooms, cooked bacon, ham, swiss cheese, olives, pesto - you name it!
Top Review by Bert's Kitchen Witch
Wonderful dish! My DD does not care much for chicken, and she LOVED this!We all did. It was not too complicated to make,and looked like it was. It makes for an elegant presentation, and tastes wonderful too!Thanks for a great recipe! Made for Zaar World Tour.
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup packaged instant potato flakes
- 1 slice parmesan cheese, chopped into small pieces (or equivalent shredded)
- 1 slice salami, chopped into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to moderate (375- 400 degrees F; 190- 200 degrees C).
- Make a slit in each chicken fillet to make a pocket.
- Don't cut all the way through.
- Stuff pockets with parmesan and salami (or fillings of your choice).
- Pat sides of pockets together to close.
- Toss chicken fillets in flour.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Toss in potato flakes.
- Place chicken on lightly greased oven tray.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- For a really easy meal, serve with jacket potatoes baked in foil and a Mediterranean salad.