Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple and quick recipe using instant mashed potatoes that tastes like the real thing. I will add a touch more liquid or cream cheese to these next time, as they were just a tad bit dry on the top. I got this recipe from a friend.
- Prepare 6 servings mashed potatoes according to the package directions, omitting butter.
- Add cream cheese, egg, parsley and onion; mix well.
- Place in buttered casserole.
- Dot with butter.
- Sprinkle with paprika to taste.
- Bake in preheated 400-degree oven for 30 minutes until heated through.
- May be prepared a day ahead.
We LOVED this!!!!!! So good, thank you!
This is a delicious dish and great for a potluck. I doubled the amount and used 4 packages of Idahoan Parmesan and Garlic instant potatoes. I topped it with the butter and paprika as mentioned in the directions, then topped with mild cheddar. I baked it in a 9x11 pan and the entire thing was devoured by adults and kids alike. Definitely a repeat keeper!
thanks I needed some ideas on how to change that blah taste of instant potatoes. It was easy to follow & do. tasted great