1/1 Photo of Instant Pancake Mix (And Instant Pancakes) by Alton Brown
This is from Alton Brown. The BEST pancake recipe I've used and it is a regular favorite. *****NOTE**** There are actually TWO recipes here. One for a batch of mix and one to make a batch of pancakes from 2 cups of the pancake mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Mix
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda (check expiration date first)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the Pancakes use 2 cups mix plus
- 1For the Mix:.
- 2Combine all of the ingredients for the MIX in a container with a tight fitting lid.
- 3Shake to mix.
- 4For the Pancakes:.
- 5Whisk together the egg whites and the buttermilk in a small bowl.
- 6In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the melted butter.
- 7Combine the buttermilk mixture with the egg yolk mixture in a large mixing bowl and whisk together until thoroughly combined.
- 8Pour the liquid ingredients on top of 2 cups of the pancake mix.
- 9Using a whisk, mix the batter just enough to bring it together.
- 10Don't try to work all the lumps out.
- 11Check to see that the griddle is hot by placing a few drops of water onto the griddle.
- 12The griddle is ready if the water dances across the surface.
- 13Lightly butter the griddle.
- 14Wipe off thoroughly with a paper towel.
- 15(No butter should be visible.) Gently ladle the pancake batter onto the griddle and sprinkle on fruit if desired.
- 16When bubbles begin to set around the edges of the pancake, and the griddle-side of the cake is golden, gently flip the pancakes.
- 17Continue to cook 2 to 3 minutes or until the pancake is set.
- 18Serve immediately or remove to a towel-lined baking sheet and cover with a towel.
- 19Hold in a warm place for 20 to 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Instant Pancake Mix (And Instant Pancakes) by Alton Brown
Serving Size: 1 (1575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.5
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 67.4 mg
- Sodium 967.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 8.9 g