Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from Cornell Cooperative Extension. I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
Make and share this Instant Oatmeal Packets recipe from Food.com.
- In a blender put 1 cup oats, blend, put in a bowl.
- Separately blend the nonfat milk.
- Set out 8 xip-lock bags. In each bag put 1/4 cup of the un-blended oats, then 2 tablespoons oats, then 1 tablespoons of the non-fat milk.
- After all ingredients are in the bag, zip shut and store in a cool, dry place until ready to use.
- To Serve: Empty 1 bag into a bowl and add 3/4 cup boiling water; stir well and let stand for 2 minutes. If thicker oatmeal is desired, use less boiling water.
- Apple Cinnamon: Add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 2 tablespoons chopped dried apples to each packet.
- Cinnamon Spice: Add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg to each packet.