Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got some instant oatmeal packets you're looking to get rid of? heres a recipe for it! And they're muffins! Not tried this yet, found on a website.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (1 ounce) packets reduced sugar instant apple and cinnamon oatmeal (or Maple and Brown Sugar, whatever tickles your fancy)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup egg white
- 3 tablespoons natural applesauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- Preheat oven to bake at 350º.
- Lightly grease muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Blend well, then add sugar.
- In a small bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
- Add bowl of wet ingredients to flour mixture in medium bowl.
- Mix with electric mixer, just until everything is blended. Do not over-mix.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full. Do not over-fill.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes, but check for doneness. Tops should be golden brown.
- Allow muffins to cool in tin for about 10-15 minutes.
After adding a few extras to jazz it up I found this recipe pretty good! I used sweet cinnamon instant mix, with extra cinnamon and also added some raisins. Oh and i didnt faff about with egg white either, I just used a whole egg. Lovely with a cuppa!
It tasted good but kind of bland. If I make it again, I'm going to add some spices and raisins.
These were quite yummy! I used origional flavour oatmeal packets and added about 2/3 cup sugar instead of a 1/2 and they still weren't super sweet so I would probably add more. I also threw in some chocolate chips. My only complaint was that they were a little dry. Though, I would still make them again!