Recipe by Jason Stevenson
Easy recipe for apple crisp using instant oatmeal. I added cinnamon and nutmeg. Excellent with ice cream!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Here's a very tasty dessert that's easy to make ~ I particularly enjoyed the use of the maple syrup here, something I hadn't included in an apple crisp before! Have been making my own brown sugar lately, so used some of that in this recipe as well! Thanks for a great dessert! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
- 3 1⁄2 lbs apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 (1 1/2 ounce) packets instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place apples in a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Stir in flour, instant oatmeal and salt. Fold in walnuts. Sprinkle oatmeal mixture evenly over apples. Drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake in preheated oven 50 to 70 minutes, until apples are tender and topping is golden.