Recipe by Ridgely
Custom make your own instant oatmeal packets for a fraction of the cost from the box at the store.
Top Review by Kasha
Great possibilities here for many versions. I made up one batch, put in some add ins and put it in little bags for my husband in the am, just like what he was buying, but much cheaper. Quick, easy and healthy.
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt (1/8 tsp per bag)
- sugar (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- brown sugar (optional)
- raisins (optional)
- wheat germ (optional)
- dried fruit (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 1/2 cup oats in a blender and blend on high until powdery.
- Set aside in a small bowl, and repeat procedure with an additional 1/2 cup oats.
- If you're using a food processor, you can do the 1 cup of oats in one batch.
- Put the following ingredients into each small-size zip baggie: 1/4 cup un-powdered oats, 2 tablespoons powdered oats, and 1/8 teaspoons salt.
- *Optional:add to each packet additional flavors.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To serve: Empty packet into a bowl.
- Add 3/4 cup boiling water.
- Stir and let stand for 2 minutes.
- For thicker oatmeal, use less water – for thinner oatmeal, use more water.
- Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal-.
- 1 tablespoons sugar.
- 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons chopped dried apples.
- Sweetened Oatmeal-.
- 1 tablespoons sugar or 1 packet'Equal' artificial.
- Brown Sugar/Cinnamon Oatmeal-.
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Oatmeal w/Raisins& Brown Sugar-.
- 1 tablespoons packed brown sugar 1 tablespoons raisins.
- Health Nut Oatmeal-.
- 2 tablespoons any kind of wheat germ.
- Fruit& Cream Oatmeal.
- 1 tablespoons non-dairy coffee creamer 2 tablespoons dried fruit.