Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Homemade instant oatmeal - posted for safekeeping.
- Put 1/2 cup oats in a blender and blend on high until powdery.
- Set aside in a small bowl and continue the procedure with an additional 1/2 cup of oats.
- *If using a food processor - you can process 1 cup at a time*.
- In a small sandwich bag, place the following: 1/4 cup un-powdered oats, 2 tablespoons powdered oats and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To serve: empty one bag into a bowl and add 3/4 cup boiling water - stir and let stand for 2 minutes (use less water for thicker oatmeal and more water for thinner oatmeal).
- Variations: Apple & Cinnamon - add 1 tablespoon sugar or sweetener, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons chopped dried apples to each packet.
- Brown Sugar & Cinnamon - add 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon to each packet.
- Cookies 'N' Cream - add 1 crushed Oreo cookie and 1 tablespoon non-dairy coffee creamer to each packet.
- Makes 8 bags (servings).