Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A yummy quick soup I came up with one day when my kids were home sick from school.
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄3 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, saute the green onion & garlic in butter over medium low heat.
- Add milk, salt, pepper and instant potato flakes.
- Heat to almost boiling, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with shredded cheese.
This is really good! I did half 2% milk and half chicken stock, and i stirred in a little cheddar cheese too! YUM
I gave it a 5 star for how easy it was and how tasty it was. I used a bag of Idahoan Garlic Mashed potatos and 1/3 cup of regular instant potatoes from a box. No green onion or fresh garlic... instead added powdered onion and powdered garlic. The kids loved it!!
i made mine with fat free milk and magerine but no onions (didn't have any) and it was still really good! it probably came out a little thicker than normal because i didn't stir it continuously, but i would definetly make this again! Thanks!