Recipe by Parkers Mom
Oh my gosh, this is the cheapest, quickest and tastiest main dish ever. We have this at least once a week. I like to brown my ham in butter before adding to casserole. It just makes the ham a little crisp. You will not be disappointed.
- 3 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 1⁄3 cups instant potato flakes
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 lb shredded virginia baked deli ham
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, salt, butter, garlic powder and parsley flakes and heat to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cold milk.
- Stir instant potato flakes gently and stir until smooth.
- Pour instant potatoes into well greased casserole dish.
- Top potatoes with Virginia Baked Deli Ham (I like to brown my ham in butter in a skillet before adding to casserole; just makes ham crisp. I only do this if I have time. Just as good without browning the ham -- ).
- Top Ham with shredded cheese.
- Broil 4-6 inches from heat for 60 seconds or until golden brown.