Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've had this recipe for a long time and don't know where it came from. It's delicious,very low fat, and will keep for a few days in the refrigerator.
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese or 15 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa, preferably dutch process
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half, more as needed to give desired consistency
- Put ricotta, sugar, cocoa, liqueur, expresso and vanilla into a food processor or blender; process 5 seconds.
- Scrape down mixture from the sides of the bowl and process 5 seconds more Add 1/2 and 1/2, 1 tablespoon at a time, only until mixture is the consistency of chocolate pudding.
- Continue processing until absolutely smooth, 8 to 10 seconds more.
- Divide among four 4- to 5-ounce ramekins or serving dishes.
- Serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Note: Food processor timing is not really important.
- Process all ingredients but 1/2 and 1/2, and then add as needed.
Interesting. I left out the espresson powder which made for a light chocolate-coffee taste (with the kalhlua), but I enjoyed that. The texture was grainy and sort of weird on my tongue. I ate it with some sugar free vanilla ice cream which cut the odd texture a bit for me. A nice recipe, but I would blend it a LOT longer next time.
Fantastic! I'm doing Weight Watchers & my husband is carb counting. I used Splenda, s-f daVinci syrup coffee flavored, ff 1/2 & 1/2, & s-f espresso powder. This is a treat! Very easy to make too! Thanks for a greeat recipe.