Recipe by Ransomed by Fire
Want garlic mashed potatoes but don't have any real potatoes on hand? Use this simple recipe instead.
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
Very easy recipe that everyone loved. I doubled the recipe and used your measurements even though my package of Idahoan Instant Mashed Potatoes had different measurements. Came out perfect! The only thing I changed was to use garlic powder and regular salt (2:1 ratio) instead of garlic salt, as I don't keep that on hand. I sprinkled some dried chives on top before serving, plus a little extra butter. Thanks!
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups instant potato flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water in a medium saucepan.
- Meanwhile, mix potato flakes and garlic salt.
- Add boiling water to potato flakes.
- Stir in milk and margarine.
- (NOTES: Adjust measurements except for garlic salt according to box directions. I like to use Idaho Spuds brand.).