Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Want garlic mashed potatoes but don't have any real potatoes on hand? Use this simple recipe instead.
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups instant potato flakes
- Boil water in a medium saucepan.
- Meanwhile, mix potato flakes and garlic salt.
- Add boiling water to potato flakes.
- Stir in milk and margarine.
- (NOTES: Adjust measurements except for garlic salt according to box directions. I like to use Idaho Spuds brand.).
Very easy recipe that everyone loved. I doubled the recipe and used your measurements even though my package of Idahoan Instant Mashed Potatoes had different measurements. Came out perfect! The only thing I changed was to use garlic powder and regular salt (2:1 ratio) instead of garlic salt, as I don't keep that on hand. I sprinkled some dried chives on top before serving, plus a little extra butter. Thanks!
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't have garlic salt so followed Karen's lead and used garlic powder and salt (2:1). This was a nice, different way to enjoy potatoes.
Followed this exactly except halved this every easily. The only small change in my case, I used 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, mixed with 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt. Also had butter, but let's be clear here. This is good, so good in fact, I had to add a splurge of butter and fresh turkey gravy to the top along with some fresh chives. The taste was absolutely terrific, and oh so easy! Thank you so much Ransomed! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* Fall 2008.