Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Amazing frozen summer dessert! Better tasting and better for you than sherbert or sorbet. Got this out of a Mexican cookbook. Prep time does not include freeze time. Choose one fruit or try several!
- 946.36 ml fruit or 236.59 ml chopped pineapple or 236.59 ml chopped seedless watermelon or 236.59 ml chopped strawberries or 236.59 ml chopped mangoes or 236.59 ml chopped peaches or 236.59 ml chopped banana
- orange juice, to taste
- sugar, to taste
- Cover cookie sheets with plastic wrap and lay all chopped fruit on top in a single layer.
- Freeze until firm and icy, about 2 hours.
- Place one type of fruit in a food processor and process until grainy.
- Add orange juice and sugar to taste and process until smooth.
- Return to freezer until ready to serve, repeat with remaining fruit pieces.
- Arrange in chilled bowls and serve immediately.
This is SO good! I made it with watermelon and unsweetned orange juice. I didn't have quite enough juice so I used water to finish it off. We were also generous with the sugar but mostly that was because the kids were the taste testers to tell me when it was sweet enough! I preferred this at the texture of a granita (still a bit slushy) instead of quite hard. A sweet treat perfect for the end of a summer meal!!