Recipe by luvmybge
I copied this off of the Hillbilly Housewife site. I haven't tried it but it may come in handy one day so I'm keeping it here so I don't lose it.
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 (6 ounce) can water
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 (6 ounce) cans milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- This recipe is easy, healthy and good.
- Open up the tomato paste and scrape the contents into a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add 1 can of water and the margarine.
- Stir and heat the mixture until it is smooth and bubbly.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the milk, sugar, salt, onion powder and pepper.
- Stir until smooth.
- Reheat over low heat until very hot, but not boiling.
- If you boil the soup it will curdle.
- It still tastes good if it curdles, but it is speckled when you look at it.
- If you find yourself boiling it most of the time, in spite of yourself, then change the name to Speckled Tomato Soup and pretend like it's supposed to look that way.
- My favorite way to eat this soup is with grilled cheese sandwiches.
- The recipe is easily doubled for more servings.