Recipe by Girl from India
This is how I make coffee for guests :) We are tea drinkers and do not have too much of coffee. If I do have coffee it is South Indian filter coffee. Where a decoction is made and then mixed with hot water and sweetened milk.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons nescafe instant coffee (or depending on taste as to how strong you like your coffee)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water, plus a few drops for premixing
- 2 teaspoons sugar (or to taste)
- cinnamon (optional)
- drinking cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the coffee powder and sugar in a coffee mug.
- Add a few drops of water (just enough to incorporate the coffee powder in to form a thick paste) Stir vigorously with a spoon and soon you will see that the coffe and sugar form a whitish shiny paste.
- Boil the milk and water together.
- (if you do not like milky coffee you can boil plain water (1 cup) and add a few drops of milk just to your taste straight into the mug) Pour this from a little height into the mug so that the coffee froths up.
- Sprinkle a little drinking chocolate on top for effect.
- You can sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top too if you like the flavour of cinnamon.