Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is how I make coffee for guests :) We are tea drinkers and do not have too much of coffee. If I do have coffee it is South Indian filter coffee. Where a decoction is made and then mixed with hot water and sweetened milk.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons nescafe instant coffee (or depending on taste as to how strong you like your coffee)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water, plus a few drops for premixing
- 2 teaspoons sugar (or to taste)
- cinnamon (optional)
- drinking cocoa powder
- Put the coffee powder and sugar in a coffee mug.
- Add a few drops of water (just enough to incorporate the coffee powder in to form a thick paste) Stir vigorously with a spoon and soon you will see that the coffe and sugar form a whitish shiny paste.
- Boil the milk and water together.
- (if you do not like milky coffee you can boil plain water (1 cup) and add a few drops of milk just to your taste straight into the mug) Pour this from a little height into the mug so that the coffee froths up.
- Sprinkle a little drinking chocolate on top for effect.
- You can sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top too if you like the flavour of cinnamon.
wow..so easy..and so good too... it is a cold snowy day and it is perfect to warm this old ladies bones..thank for sharing
Nice way to improve the flavor of instant coffee. Very quick and easy. I thought it tasted just as good if not better than the flavored instant coffee you buy. Thanks Fay Almeida. Bullwinkle.
This is really good! Usually instant coffee tastes so blah, but this is lovely! I did add a little more sugar to my coffee, but I like it sweet. Thanks for sharing!