Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my sister-in-law's recipe and makes a tray-sized cake that can be sprinkled with powdered sugar, cut up into small rectanular pieces, and brought to an event.
- Knead together the flour, yolks, margarine, yeast, water and 1/2 cup of the sugar.
- Divide the dough into 3 parts and roll old into oven-tray-sized rectangles on floured parchment paper.
- Whip up the egg whites until stiff and gradually add the remaining 1.5 cups of sugar until shiny. Keep the mixer running as you add the instant coffee granules.
- Spread half of the coffee cream on the first layer of dough, lay another layer of dough on top of the cream, spread a second layer of cream on top of it, and cover with the last layer of dough.
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 325 degrees Celsius.