Recipe by vintagenovelty
I made this up this morning to satisfy my chocolate and oatmeal cravings. Its quite similar to a few recipes on this site, but I thought that I should post my recipe, too! If desired, adding a fresh peach or two is okay.
- 1⁄2 cup instant plain oatmeal (or you can use quick cooking oats too)
- 2 teaspoons hot cocoa mix (fat-free okay)
- 1 tablespoon powdered milk (fat-free okay)
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the oatmeal, hot cocoa mix and dry milk powder together. (add ground cinnamon and ginger if using).
- Add the boiling water and microwave for about 20 seconds, or until bubbly (keep your eyes peeled, you would'nt want it boiling over).
- If you're using quick-cooking oats, increase the cooking time to 1 minute.
- Give it a quick stir and let it rest/sit for 30 seconds.
- delicious (to me, at least)!