Recipe by Caromarco
Looking for an instant soup mix that I can take to work and have for lunch.
Top Review by deanna c
I LOVE this recipe! I am not able right now to buy my favorite cheese soup mix. The company is changing and is not at full production right now. I don't need them anymore! The bonus is I can make this one bowl at a time. I made two changes. I omitted the bacon bits, and added a tiny bit more dried onion. I think the imitation bacon has a very strong flavor, and I like the texture of the onions. These are the variations I've tried so far:<br/><br/>1. Straight. 1C water, 1/2 C mix<br/><br/>2. Beer. 3/4 C water, 1/4 C beer, 1/2 C mix<br/><br/>3. Bacon. Straight, with Hormel real bacon bits sprinkled on top<br/><br/>4. Spicy. Straight with red pepper flakes and a couple drops of habanero <br/><br/>Every variation was delicious. I liked it so well, after my first bowl, that I immediately made a second batch, so I'm set for a while!<br/><br/>Thank you so much!
- 2 cups instant coffee creamer
- 1⁄2 cup imitation bacon bits
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups instant potato flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a plastic container.
- For single serving - Add 1/2 cup of mix to 1 cup of boiling water, mix and enjoy!
- For big pot - Whole container of soup mix with 5 cups of boiling water. If its too thick for you and water at 1/2 cup at a time.