Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A quick fix yummy side dish, flavored with Cheddar cheese, sour cream and green onion.
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Prepare rice according to package instructions, adding salt and pepper to the cooking water.
- Gently stir in remaining ingredients and serve immediately.
Tasty and easy. Instead of instant rice I used cooked rice I had on hand. I added the other ingrediants and nuked it all in the microwave until hot. I love cheesy rice dishes - this one is good and easy.
This was very easy and quick to make. It reminded me of twice-baked potatoes without the fuss! I'm considering adding bacon next go-around. Thanks for a quick side-dish!
I used uncle ben instant rice. I omitted the salt and pepper and butter. I used maybe 1/2 cup of part skim cheddar cheese. And I used fat free sour cream. I liked this recipe. It's great with the green onions. Thanks Lorac :)