1/1 Photo of Instant Black Bean Soup
1 hr 5 mins
Recipe out of newspaper. I tend to add more cilantro, chili pepper and salsa for a spicier dish. The longer you cook it, the better the flavors meld. It was originally a vegetarian recipe that I added hamburger to so could easily be converted back! It's my dad's single favorite meal with some nice crusty bread or tortillas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using beef, brown and drain fat.
- 2Add beans, onions, chili powder, salsa, broth and cilantro to crockpot or soup pot.
- 3Bring to a boil then reduce heat and stir while mashing some beans.
- 4For soup pot: simmer over medium low heat 30 minutes to an hour.
- 5For crockpot: cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- 6Top with cheese and sour cream when serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Instant Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.3
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 321.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 12.7 g