Recipe out of newspaper. I tend to add more cilantro, chili pepper and salsa for a spicier dish. The longer you cook it, the better the flavors meld. It was originally a vegetarian recipe that I added hamburger to so could easily be converted back! It's my dad's single favorite meal with some nice crusty bread or tortillas.
- If using beef, brown and drain fat.
- Add beans, onions, chili powder, salsa, broth and cilantro to crockpot or soup pot.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and stir while mashing some beans.
- For soup pot: simmer over medium low heat 30 minutes to an hour.
- For crockpot: cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Top with cheese and sour cream when serving.