Recipe by Bec
This is instant compared to most Beef Stroganoff recipes! For when you need something quick that isn't Macaroni and Cheese (not that I'm against Mac n' Cheese!) From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988. You may substitute 1- 4 ounce can mushrooms with liquid and omit the water or wine.
- 1 lb boneless lean beef, thinly sliced into strips
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup water or 1⁄3 cup wine
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Shake beef strips in mixture of flour and paprika.
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat oil.
- Over high heat, brown beef, onion, garlic, pepper and mushrooms.
- Stir in water or wine, beef bouillon and yogurt.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles.