Recipe by NELady
This is great when you need something fast and easy. From "Yours, Mine, & Ours - A Family Reunion Cookbook", recipe credited to Colleen Closson Cornell.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dash dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked instant rice (I use brown)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir ground beef in a 10 inch skillet until light brown; drain. Sprinkle beef with flour and salt. Stir in green pepper, onion, parsley, pepper, garlic, bay leaf and thyme.
- Cooke and stir over low heat until onion is tender, about 5 inutes.
- Stir water and tomatoes with liquid into beef mixture; break up tomatoes with fork.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice; remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.