Recipe by Dropbear
I watched this on the food network tried it and i can tell you it is fantastic
Top Review by justcallmetoni
I scaled this down to one single serving and found it a perfect guiltless indulgence. I always have bananas frozen in the freezer and this will repeat here. The amount of buttermilk was just a smidgen too much so I returned my ice cream to the freezer for 20 minutes. Next time I will go by eye as the amount really depends on the size of your fruit. Topped it all off with sliced strawberries. Thanks for posting.
- 4 bananas, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons sugar or 3 tablespoons artificial sweetener
- 150 ml buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the banana chunks out on a tray and transfer to the freezer. Leave the banana in the freezer until frozen all the way through (about one hour).
- Place the frozen banana chunks into a food processor. Add the vanilla, sugar or sweetener and half of the buttermilk. Turn on the processor and blend for a few moments. Then, while it is still running, pour in the remaining buttermilk in a thin, steady stream.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Serve at once.