Recipe by honeydue
As easy as the stuff right out of the box, but made at home a lot healthier. You can store the dry part in the cupboard for up to 6 months!
Top Review by Halliy
i haven't tried yet. I was hopefull at the instant in the name. as i make single serves for myself al the time. however, instant usually means, just stir in. it does not require cooking. I like your name :)
- 3 ounces Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 ounces cornstarch
- 6 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 ounces non-fat powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl or plastic container with a lid, combine the cocoa, cornstarch, sugar, instant non-fat dry milk, and salt. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Place dry pudding mix (approximately 2 1/2 cups) into a medium saucepan. Add milk and whisk to combine.
- Over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil, continuously whisking gently. Reduce heat to low and cook for 4 minutes while continuing to whisk.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour the mixture through a sieve and into individual dishes or a 3-quart serving dish.
- Cover the surface of the pudding with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator to chill completely before serving, approximately 4 hours.