Prep 1 min
Cook 2 mins
How can something this fast and simple be so yummy?? I usually use HO oatmeal, but feel free to use any unflavored variety. As for the apple, I prefer Braeburn or Fuji, but I guess it could work equally well with any type!
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet instant plain oatmeal (HO)
- 2 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 small apple, diced large
- 2⁄3 cup soymilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Empty oatmeal packet into a microwave-safe bowl and mix with Splenda. Add apple and soy milk (and cinnamon if desired) -- more liquid if you like watery oatmeal, less if you like it thicker. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes on HIGH. Remove from microwave, stir, and serve immediately.
This is a good way to use the "original" flavored pack of oatmeal in the variety box. Was very tasty. Used 1% milk instead of soy and a little less (approx. 1/2 cup) to make it thicker. Also mixed in the cinnamon and sprinkled a little on top. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.
Really good, and creamy! I used old fashioned oats, less milk (I like my oatmeal thicker) & used the cinnamon. Fast, easy & so healthy, too. Thank u for sharing!