1/2 Photos of Inspired Avocado Guacamole W. Pomegranate & Pears
1 hr 20 mins
Tante B's Note:
This recipe originates from Gourmet & is really something special. I serve this every year for Rosh Hashana as an appetiser along with my challahs as pomegranate seeds are symbolically very significant. Very different from what you may be used to but oh so delicious!(prep time includes 1 hour in frig.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 3 -4 serrano chilies, including seeds, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 lbs ripe avocados (reserve 1 avocado pit)
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup peeled pear, finely diced
- 3/4 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1Mash onion, chiles& salt to a rough paste.
- 2Gradually add pulp from the avocadoes, coarsly mashing it.
- 3You want it to be chunky.
- 4Stir in lime juice.
- 5Fold in pear& grapes& then 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds.
- 6Refrigerate for at least 1 hour placing avocado pit in the middle of the mixture so it retains its color.
- 7Remove pit.
- 8Sprinkle 1/4 cup more seeds over the guacamole& serve.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Inspired Avocado Guacamole W. Pomegranate & Pears
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.2
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 299.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 2.7 g