Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 13 mins
This is really different but tastes great.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 16 ounces stewed tomatoes, with juice, cut up
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the ground turkey and then place in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Combine the other ingredients, except for the cheese, and place on top of the ground turkey.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour or until the rice is tender.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Good stuff. Easy to make and is even better as left overs.
Good recipe, took far less than the 2-1/2 hrs. Only problem is that it needed more tomato sauce. This could be due to mfgrs cutting can sizes back (all I could find were 14.5 oz cans). Next time I'll add a little tomato sauce.