Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from a local vegetable stand (Agle's) south of Buffalo NY Didnt see any like it on here. easy and makes a good amount
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup rice (not instant)
- 1 lb ground beef (I used meatloaf mix)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti or 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Boil broth and pour over rice in greased 9 x 13 " pan.
- Brown meat with pepper and onion. Drain well.
- Add sauce and pour over rice.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes uncovered.
Made this for my father-in-law who loves stuffed peppers but has a hard time eating the pepper in one piece. I used 2 cups of tomato sauce and it turned out perfect. It's also a very pretty casserole. Next time I will try putting in some canned diced tomatoes also. Much easier than stuffed peppers and just as good. Will definitely be making again.
This is delicious! I had a taste for stuffed peppers, but I had small peppers, so I thought a casserole type dish would be good to try. This is better than stuffed peppers! I don't know what it is, but we all thought that it was better, so this is definitely a keeper!
I love stuffed peppers but my husband doesn't care for them. I thought maybe by trying this recipe he would like it and I was RIGHT!!! He really liked it and so did I! It is easier to do than stuffing peppers because you just throw this together. Thanks for the great recipe!!!!! :)