Recipe by email@example.com
This is a lot easier to make than the regular stuffed green peppers. My husband just loves it this way.
Top Review by tzenk
We love this recipe. I use diced tomatoes and tomato sauce instead of the stewed tomatoes and water. I have also use brown minute rice in place of the long grain rice. I see other ideas posted that I may also try. So easy and taste great!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 large green pepper, chopped (or several green peppers, suite your own taste)
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces shredded cheese (or more to suite your taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown beef. Drain.
- Transfer to a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Add the next 8 ingredients.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until rice is tender.
- Uncover and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Return to the oven until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.